Monday, June 10, 2013

Easy Donut Ice Cream



All over blog land, people have made this easy ice cream. I knew I had to join in and make some but it couldn't just be vanilla, this is a food blog after all...

Also, I'm notorious for losing tiny pieces from my ice cream machine (I've been through 2 already). When northern Nevada hit 100 degrees over the weekend I absolutely HAD to make a delicious frozen treat for my family.

I introduce you to... Donut Ice Cream.

Obscenely sweet, obscenely decadent, and obscenely delicious! Every bite is like a creamy donut dream.

For the Ice Cream:
2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (14-ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
3 glazed donuts

Take one of your three donuts and chop it into small pieces. Place the other 2 donuts into your blender or food processor and blend until fine crumbs form. Set donuts aside.

In a large bowl with a hand mixer or stand mixer, whisk the heavy cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Slowly pour in the sweetened condensed milk and fold together until combined. Add in your donut chunks and crumbs until incorporated.

Pour mixture into a freezer safe, air tight container, and freeze for a minimum of 6 hours or up to over night.

And there ya have it... Easy peasy ice cream with no need for an ice cream machine. Think of the endless flavor possibilities.

The only thing I regret is not adding pieces of candied bacon to my ice cream... Don't judge me.



 

2 comments :

  1. My son would love this flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! What an amazing combo :)

    I've featured you today: http://www.52mantels.com/2013/06/summer-ideas-recipes.html

    ReplyDelete