Sunday, April 15, 2012

Twix Brownies


It's simple.


Basically, I like my brownies like I like my men.


Sweet, rich, layers of complexities and rich....Did I mention rich?


So when I thought of the idea for Twix Brownies I knew they would be a winner.


And I wouldn't have to eat a salad on the first date or nod my head  to pretend like I'm listening.


Twix Brownies would just "get me".


Oh and get me they did... twice. 


Anyways, please make these amazing rich brownies. All it takes is a simple short bread recipe and a boxed brownie mix.


Also, check out my best friend's Homemade Twix over at Crafts, Cakes and Cats... They look amazing!


 Short Bread Layer:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temp
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 teaspoons Vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour


Favorite Box of Fudge Brownie Mix


Caramel Layer:
1 bag caramels unwrapped
2 tablespoons whole milk


Chocolate topping:
1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips plus 1/2 bag dark chocolate chunks
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup whole milk




For the shortbread, preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Line a 9x13" pan with parchment paper then spray to grease. Set aside.
In your stand mixer, beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla. Add the flour and continue to beat until mixture comes together. Take the dough and using your hands, press evenly into the pan. Prick the crust all over with a fork to allow even baking.
Bake the crust until pale, around 20-25 minutes.  Take out the pan and cool slightly.


Make the brownie mix, following the back of the box. Increase the oven temperature to what is specified on the back of the box. Pour brownie batter over shortbread and bake for necessary amount specified or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let your brownies and short bread cool completely. 


Once cooled, place caramels and milk in a saucepan. Cook over medium low heat until caramel is melted. Pour over the brownies, making sure to work quickly and spread evenly.Allow to cool on counter or if short on time cool in fridge for 15 minutes covered with plastic wrap. 


During this time start on the chocolate layer. Place all of the ingredients in a sauce pan and stir over low heat until completely melted, smooth and glossy. This should take 5-10 minutes. Remove brownies from fridge and pour chocolate over the caramel layer. Cover with plastic wrap and cool completely in the fridge until the top layer is firm.









Allow brownies to come to room temperature and cut. Enjoy by itself, warmed with ice cream on top or snuggled up in a blanket watching Ryan Gosling. I tend to go with the latter. 





Happy Sunday Everyone!!

15 comments :

  1. Ha, you made me laugh! I like them sexy and rich too. Men and dessert. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sinfully rich and delicious - just what I looooooooooove

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh myyyyyyy!!! This is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow I love twix. Makin' these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am a follower too! Feel free to stop by at Http://www.theeaseoffreeze.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I would like this way better than any man! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. These are amazing. My man would have to fight me for this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are killing me with this! Pinning and sharing on Facebook :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a sucker for sweets and these look delicious. Thanks for sharing going to pin it so that I can come back to it and make them.
    Stopping by from the Show me what you got Tuesday link party

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    I followed you over from Chic and Crafty Link Party and these look divine! I love Twix and to be able to make them as a brownie? Even better!

    I would love to invite you to share this, and any other posts you would like to, at my Creative Thursday Link Party at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. (Link up until Monday 4-23-12)

    Have a great day,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Michelle! I linked up the brownies and my coffee cake recipe on your site! Thanks for the invitation have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You’re being featured tonight! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! How awesome! I will have to try for my Twix addicted family! LOL! Thank you for sharing! I am a new follower! Please visit back and follow if you'd like! I am also on Facebook!

    Sweet Dreams,
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete