Thursday, June 14, 2012

Maple Bacon Biscuit Donuts


Can I just start off by saying what a crazy week this has been.

You know how last blog I mentioned my son pulling down my camera and breaking it? Well.... Last week he decided the fish bowl would be the perfect place for my iPhone. Needless to say, I'm not only camera-less, but phone-less to boot. Toddlers are great... Right? (It really seems like I pay no attention to my kids huh? But crazy stuff like this happens in 2 seconds flat... really, I swear.)

I also went on a whirlwind trip to San Diego to find my best friend an apartment. That was a success.

And on top of it work has been slammed!

"Waitress? I'll take an order of mundane life with a side of a million dollars please."

So, that's why I've been out of the blogging game for awhile.

I'm back at it with this simple yet DELICIOUS recipe.

I know you are all probably familiar with these biscuit donuts but I am new to it.

It's easy as heck and can be jazzed up with anything you like... Cinnamon and Sugar, Chocolate glaze you name it.

But honestly, whats better than bacon?

You'll Need:
1 can of biscuits
A fancy cutter or I used a bottle cap
Vegetable Oil
2 pieces cooked bacon

And for the Maple Glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons of milk
1-2 tablespoons maple syrup

Heat your oil over medium high heat. Test one of your "donut" holes to make sure the oil is properly heated.

Cook donuts, for about 3-4 minutes on each side, and until golden brown in color. Place on paper towels to cool.

Meanwhile make your glaze as thick as you like. You might need to add more milk or more powdered sugar depending.

Dip donuts in glaze and place in fridge for 5 minutes. Bring donuts out, dip in the glaze again and sprinkle with cooked bacon.

Enjoy!

The salty and sweet make these delicious and the glaze is fab!







4 comments :

  1. Holy bacon batman, I must have these donuts. Maple and bacon are my most favorite flavors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH. MY. HECK!!!! These look AMAZING!!!!!! (And sorry about your phone,) =o(

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your phone. I have a 17-1/2 year old that sounds just like your 2 year old only she does it to her own stuff! lol
    These donuts sound like sin and look amazing! Thanks so much for stopping by Creative Thursday last week. I couldn’t do these parties without you. Can’t wait to see what you link up this week. Have a great week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! Sorry about the phone Veronica :( At least you had these donuts to put a smile on your face! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete