Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fall Rag Wreath


I have been on a crafting roll lately, which for me means crafting about 4 things in the last month! I'm actually looking for my next project and am SO excited the Holidays are on their way. So excuse me while my blog is bombarded with crafts and delicious recipes, I know you wont mind!

These rag wreaths are SUPER popular so I had to jump on the bandwagon. Just keep in mind its the most tedious thing you will ever do... Like more than filling out long applications, or peeling potatoes or EVEN shredding cheese! ( and I reeaallly dislike all of those things)

So lets get started... You can make these any way you like. Here's what I did:

  • 2 yards of fabric (burlap or clothing fabric is a great option, I used fleece. The wreath feels amazing but shreds almost the same as burlap) cut into 7" long, 1" wide strips.
  • 1- 18" wire wreath form
  • Ribbon, letters and accessories
So... Take your wire form, like this:


and, starting at the beginning of a section, begin to tie double knot pieces of fabric. I varied the way I tied and looped to give the fabric ends various directions. Push them together as you go. I suggest starting with the inner circle and working your way out. Continue doing this until the inner and outercircle of the wreath are full. If you choose multiple fabrics you can intermix the two or do the inside one color and the outside another.
Tie a ribbon on the side, bottom or top, hot glue gun letters or anything else you like. Really let your creativity flow here!

Sorry about the ugly photography, I shot at different times of the day.

P.S: Santa... I need a new camera!!

Thanks for stopping by everyone and Happy Fall!!

1 comment :

  1. Very cute! I am going to give this a shot for Christmas. Thanks for sharing on Six Sisters tonight.

    ReplyDelete