Friday, November 30, 2012

Lemon Meltaways



Oh my gosh you guys, I have like 5 bajillion recipes I want to share with you all.

There's so many ideas running through my head I don't even know where to begin.

Have you guys ever felt that way? Well that feeling for me also comes with extreme anxiety...

Can I be honest with you all? I'm the type (if there is a "type" for me) of girl who writes down what she's going to say before she calls someone, or when I read a text before I get in the shower, I rehearse my response in my head and if I don't reply the second my hands are dry... Anxiety hits!

So I've been rehearsing all of these recipes and crafty things for you, but I honestly need to show patience. And I'm creeping up on my 100th blog post... I can't believe it! So I want it to be super spectacular and amazing.

This is a great recipe and a change from all things peppermint this time of year.

Try it at your next cookie exchange :)

For the Cookie:
(makes 12 sandwich cookies)
1 cup salted butter, room temp
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
zest of 1 lemon
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cornstarch

For the Filling:
1/4 cup butter, room temp
2 ounces softened cream cheese
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
A few Tablespoons of milk, depending on desired consistency

Preheat oven to 300 degrees and grease a cookie sheet.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Reduce the speed to low and add in the vanilla, lemon zest and juice. Mix until combined, scraping down the sides as you go. Sift in the flour and cornstarch and beat on your low setting until just combined.

Take Tablespoon sized scoops and roll into balls, continue until you have about 24 cookies. Placing them 1 inch apart on your cookie sheet. Press the cookies gently with a fork to imprint. Bake for 20 minutes and cool completely.

While your cookies are cooling, combine all of the filling ingredients. Use a knife to spread on one side of the cooled cookie then sandwich them together. Try to match up the sizes as evenly as you can.

Enjoy!

I think the next time I would make these cookies a tad smaller as they tend to be a little doughy. You could almost get away with 1/2 of a Tablespoon size here. However, they melt well in your mouth and have the cheek tingling lemon taste!



3 comments :

  1. YUMMY! I will be making these yummy looking cookie sandwiches!Thanks for linking up to Heavenly Treats Sunday Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all things lemon and these looks mouth-watering! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post made me giggle; only because I can totally relate to rehearsing what I'm going to say before making phone calls and about having a million recipes that I want to share.
    These cookies look so delcious. I wsh I could have one now. I'd love if you shared themover at Whatcha Whipped Up Wednesday

    ReplyDelete