Monday, January 28, 2013

Sopapilla Cheesecake


My computer is dead y'all... DEAD! I'm totally at work blogging, on my break, because I made all of these amazing recipes and don't have a computer (and I should get paid to blog, right? JK)!  I think its the fan on the computer, but then again I know nothing about computers...

So as to not keep my blog in the dark, I thought I would post a quick one! I hope to be back up and running with a computer soon but please... Make this recipe!

Sopapillas are my FAVORITE dessert!!

And this cheesecake is really nothing like a sopapilla (besides being cinnamon sugar) but it IS delicious!! So it's a sopapilla, churro, cinnamon-sugar, cheesecake :)

You Will Need:
2 cans of Crescent Rolls
2 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar plus 3 Tablespoons
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 Tablespoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray and pop open one can of crescent roll dough. Press into the bottom of your prepared baking dish.

In a large bowl, with a hand mixer, beat the softened cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, and teaspoon of vanilla over medium speed until combined. Spread over the layer of crescent dough.



Using a piece of parchment paper, press together the second container of crescent roll dough into a rectangle, the size of your baking dish. Place on the top of the cream cheese layer.
 

Pour and spread your melted butter of the top layer.
Combine the remaining 3 Tablespoons of sugar and the 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon in a small bowl, sprinkle over the top of the melted butter and MASSAGE into the dough.
Place the cheesecake into your preheated oven, on the center rack, and bake for 25-30 minutes or until puffed and firm in the middle.

Remove and let cool slightly before slicing! Enjoy with a nice big scoop of dulce de leche ice cream, any way is amazing but its definitely awesome warm!
 

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

2 comments :

  1. This looks amazing Veronica. When I am rolling in the dollars I will pay you to bake for me. We will sing songs from our favorite movies and drink wine while we hang out in the kitchen.

    I love this plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I love this plan even more! You just let me know when! And thanks for the blog love :)

      Delete