Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pecan Pie Bars


Last weekend was my cousin's baby shower and on the way home we stopped at a fruit stand!

I couldn't resist picking up a pound of freshly picked pecans. Yum! (They do pick them right?)

But I was stumped on what to do with them.

I honestly feel like I have been in a blogging rut lately. I know the holidays are upon us and during Halloween people will be posting Christmas recipes but geez. Sometimes I feel like I run out of blogging inspiration. I guess that's what makes me a bad blogger :(

Then I stumbled upon this easy recipe for pecan pie bars, that I could whip up at 8 pm after the kids fell asleep, and I knew I had to share. Because I know there has to be other bloggers who work full time jobs, with two needy toddlers and a husband right? Those that need quick recipes they can make and then blog with the snap of a finger?

I hope this helps all of you... Shout out to my bloggy friends who get it all done... You inspire me!

For the crust:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup unsalted butter, cubed and chilled

Filling:
3 eggs
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9" baking dish with foil and spray liberally with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, and salt. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, about the size of peas. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan and press together to form the crust.
Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
While the crust is baking, prepare your filling by mixing together the eggs, corn syrup, sugars, melted butter and vanilla. Stir in the chopped pecans.
Once the crust is finished baking, pour filling mixture immediately over the top, spreading evenly.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, in the preheated oven or until set. You will want to bake this completely.
Place pan on a cooling rack and allow it to cool completely.
Slice with a sharp knife and serve.


I absolutely love the taste of the buttery shortbread crust, the chewy almost alcoholic tasting filling and the crunchy pecans! This is a pecan pie, to go!

Enjoy!


*recipe adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything

No comments :

Post a Comment