Sunday, October 13, 2013

Mini Halloween Oreo Cheesecakes


Halloween is 18 days away! Seriously, Halloween is my favorite Holiday, but I swear there is something wrong with me this year!

I finally just put up a few decorations yesterday (not near as much as I usually do), I just purchased my kids' costumes, and my life is jumbled with fun Halloween recipes but not nearly enough time to make or post them.

I knew I wanted a quick and easy recipe, and to use Halloween Oreos again this year, after I made these brownies last year.

And, as I was craving these Funfetti Mini Cheesecakes it hit me, why not marry the two?

Plus, our grocery store carries double stuffed Halloween Oreo's. Double-yum!



For the Cheesecakes:
18 Halloween Oreo's
6 Halloween Oreos pulsed into crumbs in your blender or food processor
16 ounces (2-8oz packages) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 275 degrees, and line 3 muffin tins with 18 liners. Place one whole Oreo in the bottom of each liner.

In your food processor or blender, pulverize 6 whole oreos and set aside.

Place cream cheese in a large bowl and beat on high until smooth. Add in the sugar and beat on medium until combined. Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat until incorporated, being sure to scrape the sides. Finally, gently beat in the sour cream. Once mixed, gently fold in your cookies crumbs into the batter.

Pour batter evenly over the Oreos, filling them almost to the top as they do not rise very much (I could fit about a 1/4 cup of batter into each). Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the cheesecakes are set. Remove from the oven, let cool on the counter and then place in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours and up to overnight.

Enjoy this quick yet impressive Holiday treat!

Happy Haunting! :)



1 comment :