Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Jingle Bells Shadow Box


Well, Thanksgiving is now behind us and the Holiday's are in full swing.
I'm always on the lookout for a great homemade gift or frugal Holiday decorations and I really think I found it with this one!


I am addicted to Michael's... I honestly feel giddy when I walk into that store. I could probably spend 3 hours wandering up and down the aisles and probably along with that, my children's college fund.

Luckily, Black Friday deals were in full swing this past weekend. Not only was Michael's having 25% off your total purchase (including sale items) but a lot of their merchandise was 40-60% off.

My total cost for this craft was LESS than $10! I found the shadow boxes for 3/$9.99 before the percentage off, the bells were $4, letters were $1.50, and the paper was 99 cents! SCORE!

I think it turned out super cute and would be great to match any Holiday or theme... I actually made another one for my mom with blue paper, shells, and beach lettering!

Plus, it took less than 15 minutes to put together... WINNING!

You will need:

1- 8x10" shadow box
1-package of bells
1-decorative piece of scrap-booking paper
1-package of letters

glue/tape

Open up the picture frame and take out the backing. Place it upside down on the back of your scrap-booking paper and trace with a pen/pencil. Cut out the paper in the shape you traced.


Use either glue or tape to stick the paper to the back liner of the shadow box.



Pour the bells into the bottom of your shadow box and close with the decorative backing.



Place the letters on the glass in your desired pattern...



And voila! Your craft is done. I cant wait to try this with a few small ornaments instead of bells and different words. Really let your creativity flow here...

I hope you all enjoy this ridiculously easy craft! Happy Holiday's!!


No comments :

Post a Comment