Monday, April 28, 2014

Tulip Spring Wreath


I love creating wreaths for the seasons! I've already made a Halloween Wreath and a Holiday (Christmas) Wreath, but I haven't made a wreath yet that can stay up seasonally. This wreath could even stay up through September.

The best part about this wreath? Less than $20! Most of my items came from the Dollar Store, with the exception of the foam circle. I believe some locations carry them though!

You Will Need:
15 bunches of flowers, I used tulips in white, red, and pink
1 foam wreath (about 12 inches in size)
2 spools of ribbon

Decorations if you choose... Like my little birds!

Additional Tools:
Wire Cutter
Hot Glue Gun

Start with your foam wreath. Hot glue gun the ribbon to the back of the wreath and allow to cool.
Wrap the ribbon around the wreath, leaving the edges about 1 inch apart, like so...


When you get to the end of the ribbon, and the wreath has been completely wrapped, glue the end of the ribbon down, hopefully to the back of the wreath.

Cut individual flowers with your wire cutter, leaving about 2 inches of stem. Tuck each flower stem into the opening of the ribbon, tucking them in firmly, fitting about 3 flowers across.


Pattern the flowers as you go and I randomly substituted some of the pink flowers on the insides and outsides with red tulips.
Continue until the entire wreath is filled and accesorize.

Hang the wreath and enjoy this little touch of Spring!




No comments :

Post a Comment