Monday, March 10, 2014

Crab Rangoon


I'm addicted. Every time we get Chinese food I HAVE to order Crab Rangoon and Sesame chicken. Could there be other things on the menu? Possibly... But why branch away from what you already know!
I love them warm and super crispy with oozing cream cheese and crab filling. Ugh, heaven.

So when I found out how easy they were to make, I had to make my own!
Plus, I had a bunch of left over wontons from my Thai Salad.

Here's what you need:
(makes 24 Rangoons)
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
6 ounce canned crab meat
2 green onions, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
24 wonton wrappers
Vegetable oil for frying

In a large bowl, beat everything except the wrappers until smooth and combined.
Fill a small bowl with water for dipping.
Remove one of your Wonton wrappers and place 1 teaspoon of filling in the center.
Fold into a triangle, sealing the top from center to edges leaving the left and right edges unfolded.
Tuck the edges up into the fold, making sure to seal completely.
Place on a lightly greased plate and continue this process until all of the wrappers or filling has been used.








Preheat oil in a medium saucepan until it reaches 375 degrees.
Fry wontons until golden brown and crisp, about 3 minutes.
Drain on paper towel lined plate and serve with your favorite dipping sauce! I LOVE Thai sweet chili sauce or sweet and sour!
These taste BETTER than that of the familiar Chinese restaurants... I might have eaten 6. Just saying.



No comments :

Post a Comment