Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Peanut Butter n' Chocolate ice cream



This is by far the BEST flavor at Baskin Robbins.

When I was in High School I used to get two scoops in a waffle cone, and if it wasn't bubblegum flavor it was definitely this one.

The creamy rich chocolate base with a swirl of peanut butter that became chewy in your mouth... TO DIE FOR.

Plus, chocolate and peanut butter were made for each other. Anyway they come I'll take it. So this ice cream is indeed cheek-tickling perfection. Lick the spoon, lick the bowl, perfection.

For the Base:
2 1/2 cups whole milk
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup smooth peanut butter


  1. In a sauce pan, combine 2 cups of the milk, sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is steamy but not yet boiling. 
  2. In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 1/2 cup whole milk and cornstarch until there are no lumps.
  3. Add the cornstarch mixture into the milky-chocolate mixture and bring to a boil over low heat. Boil until thickened, you are looking for the consistency of pudding. Remove from heat.

  1. In a small saucepan, heat the 1/2 cup of heavy cream to a boil. Place the chocolate chips in a bowl and pour the hot cream over. Stir until the chips are completely melted.
  2. Add the chocolate cream mixture into your "pudding" base and stir to combine. Place the base into a bowl and cover. Keep in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to overnight.
  3. Once cool, place mixture into your ice cream maker. Once the mixture is thickened, and while the machine is running, drop small spoonfuls of peanut butter in (make sure you do this right before finishing as you want a ribbon of peanut butter).
  4. Transfer ice cream to a freezer safe container and freeze until solid.


Enjoy!!!!



recipe source: Joy the Baker

9 comments :

  1. This looks so ridiculously tasty! With as hot as it is getting, I will have to make some of this asap!

    Love your blog! I will be following - can't wait to see what you come up with!

    I recently started a blog, hope you will follow! I love making new bloggie friends :)

    http://sugarlyeverafter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so cute I'll definitely join! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dying for this right now! I love PB & ice cream. I would love it if you had a moment to share at my Pinteresting Party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just linked up! Thanks for the invite :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness..I love chocolate and peanut butter! This is my kind of ice cream! I would love for you to share this at Fabulous Friday! http://www.serenabakessimplyfromscratch.com/2012/06/fabulous-friday-party.html
    Have a fabulous weekend sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my this looks sinful! Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can’t wait to see what you link up next week. Have a great weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I need to get an ice cream maker ASAP! Why don't I have one already??? Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is nice!!! Can't wait to try it. We are so glad you joined our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We love to see all of the great recipes and ideas!! Thanks and we hope to see you again next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete