Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Oatmeal Cream Pies


Honestly there isn't much better, or that reminds you more of childhood, than a Little Debbie.

The fudge brownies are my absolute favorite! I will find a recipe one day to recreate those little chocolate jewels. But Oatmeal Cream Pies are definitely a close second.

Thin, moist, oatmeal cookies filled with some sort of marshmallow cream? Yep. Delicious!

Here's my recipe to make them at home. Please note they are messy. So if you want to make these when its say...90 degrees out. There will be marshmallow cream everywhere.

For the Cookies:

1 cup, 2 sticks, unsalted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon corn syrup (preferably dark)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups AP flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats

7 oz container marshmallow cream


  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line your cookie sheet with parchment paper. Line your cooling rack with parchment also, as the cookies will stick.
  2. In the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, combine the butter, sugars, corn syrup, vanilla and eggs and beat on medium until creamy.
  3. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt and cinnamon.
  4. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir in the oats.
  5. Drop tablespoon sized scoops onto your cookie sheet, spacing apart well as they will spread.
  6. Bake for 10-12 minutes until set and starting to brown.
  7. Cool completely. Slather one side with marshmallow cream and sandwich with another cookie.
  8. Enjoy!!!

These are way messy but totally addicting! Feel free to make your own marshmallow fluff to fill the inside... I took the easy route!

7 comments :

  1. Oatmeal Cream Pies sum up my childhood diet. Can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So yummy. I love oatmeal cookies, and with that filling? To. Die. For!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veronica,
    These look delicious! I love oatmeal cookies and with filling ~ YUM! Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can't wait to see what you link up next. Have a great weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are my hubby's favorite. I'll have to try the home-made version. Thanks!
    I'm hosting a linky party "One Creative Weekend" at OneCreativeMommy.com. I'd love for you to visit and link up this idea and/or anything else you'd like to share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want one soooo bad! They look amazing. Visiting from Six Sisters Stuff - Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh oatmeal creme pies...those are my favorite!! I love that you used marshmallow fluff for your filling. Yum!!!!

    ReplyDelete