Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Tiramisu Bundt Cake


I really need to start turning my baking requests into profit. Some people are getting a little too greedy.

"Hey Veronica, can you make me a birthday cake?" Sure no problem.

"Oh but then next week can you make a cake to celebrate my Birthday at our staff meeting?"

NOOOO!!!

Ok fine, I said yes. But really? I'm all for week long celebrations but how many cakes do you need? Greedy I tell you.

I will turn this little baking hobby of mine into a career. For now, I'll just take requests and pray a friend tells a friend how delicious they are.

For the Cake:
(adapted from bakingbites.com)

3 cups All-Purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup salted butter at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup very strong coffee
1/4 said strong coffee mixed with a splash of vodka (or use Kahlua to make your life easier)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease and flour a bundt pan.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
In your stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light. Beat in the eggs, one at a time until thoroughly mixed than add in the vanilla. Alternate, in 2-3 additions your flour and milk mixture, enduing with the flour and mixing just until combined.
Remove one cup of batter into a small bowl and another cup of batter into another small bowl. Add the strong coffee to one bowl and the "Kahlua mixture" to another. Whisk until combined.
Pour half of the plain batter into the bottom of your bundt pan. Pour the plain coffee batter over, then follow with the "Kahlua". These mixtures are much thinner. Top these with the remaining plain batter and carefully spread to the edges. It is OK if some coffee mixture peeks through.
Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 20 minutes then invert onto a wire rack, or serving dish, to cool completely.

For the Frosting:
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
4 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature
1/4 Kahlua
2 cups powdered sugar

Combine all ingredients in your stand mixer and beat on medium speed until very smooth. Use a spatula to spread evenly over the top of the cooled bundt cake. ENJOY!




6 comments :

  1. LOL! I totally know what you mean!!! I've started charging for butter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in demand! That means this cake must taste pretty awesome! IT looks good! I adore Tiramisu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake makers are always in demand. Personally, you had me at Tiramisu!

    Visiting via the Six Sisters Hop :)

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I would love this cake!! One of hubs' co-workers wanted to buy a cheesecake from me once. I added up the costs and threw on an extra $5 for my time,oven, etc. and it was definitely too expensive for her! This baking stuff ain't cheap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This look delicious!! I'd love to have you link this up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. It's a new linky party starting today. Hope to see you there. Thanks, Nichi
    http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/07/tasty-thursdays-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait to try this! It looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete